Governor Huckabee’s Joke

Posted by leslie on Friday, 08 July 2005 09:51.

In neighboring Arkansas Republican Governor Huckabee addressed LULAC, a so called Hispanic civil rights organization.  HIs speech included the staple maudlin platitudes common to political prostitutes

“I would hope that no matter who we are, or where we are from, that America should always be a place that opens its arms, opens it heart, opens its spirit to people who come because they want the best for their families ...,”

Then he a cracked a joke about the demographic demise (extinction) of European White Americans in the United States:

Pretty soon, Southern white guys like me may be in the minority,” Huckabee said jokingly as the crowd roared in laughter.

If you will, take time to call Gov. Huckabee, 501-682-2345, and ask him to explain the joke. Frankly, I didn’t find anything funny about ‘the joke’. His web contact page is here: http://www.arkansas.gov/governor/staff/index.html

Image Courtesy of James Bowery, Laboratory of the States.

Tags: Immigration

Comments:

Posted by john rackell on Fri, 08 Jul 2005 11:15 | #

I like the billboard approach.

A 14’ x 48’ billboard with Huckabee’s single remark:Pretty soon, Southern white guys like me may be in the minority,” and the addendum of maniacal LULAC laughter.

Place it on Arkansas’ most grid-locked freeway and let the diminishing white population brood on its significance in 100 degree heat and 90% humidity and moving by at 10mph.

These politicos can be shamed by their remarks and convicted out of their own mouths. Such a sign would generate a lot of controversy and charges of racism and those should be welcomed. Maybe such a billboard is racist because his remarks are taken out of context. Well, let Huckabee fall flat on his face putting his remarks in an acceptable context.

They can’t be the servant of two masters.

I’d donate $20 to it.

Posted by James Bowery on Fri, 08 Jul 2005 11:40 | #

It might be productive to put up a “positive” google adword ad.  Link the adword to a site with the audio clip of Huckabee’s remark and the laughter.  Nothing negative or you will run afoul of Google’s “no negative advertising” policy.  Place a donation button on that page saying simply:  “Donate to help spread the word about Governor Huckabee’s sense of humor.”

Adword ads cost in proportion to the competition for the top slot at the right hand side of the Google search results.

Right now there is no competition.

Posted by James Bowery on Fri, 08 Jul 2005 13:23 | #

I’ve got a sample page.  All we need now is a Paypal account for donations and someone to pay for the Google Adword linking to a page like that.

Posted by ben tillman on Fri, 08 Jul 2005 15:01 | #

How does that work, James?

I’d contribute toward the billboard.

Posted by James Bowery on Fri, 08 Jul 2005 15:12 | #

If there is an organization that can take responsibility for the creation of the billboard, they need to get a PayPal account and put a web page like the one I created up at their website.  I could leave this page up at my website and place their PayPal link in the page if they’re satisfied with it.

Then they need to create a Google AdWord for “governor huckabee” linked to the web page with the PayPal link for donations.

The Google AdWord page is:

Is there any such organization?  If not, why not?

Posted by Geoff Beck on Fri, 08 Jul 2005 15:51 | #

Here is the traitor, both of them.

Gov. Mike Huckabee received a leadership award Wednesday from Hector M. Flores, national president of the League of United Latin American Citizens.

Posted by Geoff Beck on Fri, 08 Jul 2005 15:57 | #

Did I call the Governor’s Office?

Yes. The secretary answered and I asked if the governor finds such jokes, as he told to LULAC, funny? If so what exactly is funny about it? I asked if a Mexican was giving a speech before a room full of Whites, joking about the extinction of Blacks, would that too be funny?

After that I was transferred to a special secretary where I repeated my question - she gasped in indignation at my comments. I was then transferred to the governor’s voicemail system, where I left the message - including my contact information.

Yes, I hope the dirty rotten SOB calls me.

If you haven’t called do so. These phoney politicians MUST KNOW OUR ANGER!

Posted by James Bowery on Fri, 08 Jul 2005 16:01 | #

I’ve got a preliminary feeler from an Arkansas immigration reform group.  They’re rather informal but perhaps they can take responsibility for the billboard fund.  I’ll provide names if they proceed.

In the mean time it does seem there should be an organization that can do this sort of thing regularly.

Posted by Geoff Beck on Fri, 08 Jul 2005 16:06 | #

I’m in.

Let us know the details.

Posted by Geoff Beck on Fri, 08 Jul 2005 16:46 | #

BTW, if anyone knows where the audio of event can be found, please post it!

Posted by Zach on Fri, 08 Jul 2005 19:27 | #

I think this is an excellent idea. I have linked to your post on my blog and will do what I can to encourage people to support the effort if you all can get this going.

Posted by Mark Richardson on Fri, 08 Jul 2005 19:34 | #

According to the linked article Huckabee opposed a bill which would have required proof of citizenship to register to vote.

His enthusiasm for illegal immigration seems to know no bounds.

Posted by James Bowery on Fri, 08 Jul 2005 22:00 | #

I checked Google AdWords for viable campaigns and the best word is “immigration” triggered within searches originating in Arkansas.

However, Google reports that they will not allow ad using the word “immigration” without prior editorial approval by their staff.  It could be iffy.

Posted by Amon on Sat, 09 Jul 2005 00:49 | #

what exactly is funny about it?

It’s funny because it’s true?

Posted by Guessedworker on Sat, 09 Jul 2005 03:06 | #

Guys,

I’m impressed.  I like the energy.  This is exactly what we’ve been missing all these years.  We’ve sleepwalked too long.

James & Zach

Further developments on this issue reported by you or Geoff should be cross-posted.  Let me know if you want to do that.

Posted by Fred Scrooby on Sat, 09 Jul 2005 09:15 | #

“Google reports that they will not allow ads using the word ‘immigration’ without prior editorial approval by their staff.”  (—James B.)

Huh?  What’s that all about?  (I guess no one has to ask what the chances are of an ad mentioning the word “immigration” getting staff approval ...)  Has Google become Freeperized?  Jim Robinson runs Free Republic this way:  from what I’ve read, almost anything over there that questions open-border immigration policy gets instantly deleted and the person who posted it banned from Free Republic—Robinson apparently is some sort of Rush-Limbaugh-type fanatical Bush-worshipper (apart from being a pathetic moron of course ...).

Posted by Geoff Beck on Sat, 09 Jul 2005 10:39 | #

> Arkansas immigration reform group

James B., any news from the folks in Arkansas? The Arkansas border is 450 miles from my home, so if any action is possible on a billboard we are dependent on locals.

Posted by James Bowery on Sat, 09 Jul 2005 11:53 | #

No word back from the Arkansas folks yet.  I told them basically what I said here about the PayPal/AdWord mechanics.

Since the Google AdWords route looks more likely to be censored, I’m a bit less enthusiastic about the prospects for outreach via Google ads.*

Its probably worth a try anyway but there need to be alternative strategies for reaching people.

*This is a good example of why it is so dangerous to allow people with Jewish heritage to control choke-points of information.  Brin and Page are both Jewish and Brin’s family purportedly escaped Russia’s antisemitism to come to the US.  People with those conflicts of interest should not be influencing immigration policy as they most certainly have been doing throughout the 20th century and beyond.  We’ll see if they censor this but I am confident that any overt attempt to call for restriction of immigration on politically incorrect bases such as race or ethnicity would be met with censorship by their carefully selected staff.

Posted by James Bowery on Sat, 09 Jul 2005 12:02 | #

That was true up until the Minuteman Project folks got banned and started getting publicity from VDARE.  There was a danger of Robinson losing control of his base, so his handlers had him do a reversal of policy for illegal immigration.

There are a few identities to watch for a clue as to what is really going on with FR.  One I am particularly aware of is a guy calling himself “Mr. Mojo”.  These guys are the cops.  They are allowed to engage in all the personal attacks they want—in direct violation of FR stated policy—and are, I believe, associated with the folks who pull Robinson’s strings.  They can reverse directions and no one calls them on it.  Watch for what they do and you can see what Robinson’s owners are really doing with FR.

Its very neocon at FR despite the reversal of rhetoric about the Minuteman.  That reversal was pure naked maneuvering to keep control of the guys willing to take up arms.

Posted by Fred Scrooby on Sat, 09 Jul 2005 12:11 | #

Who are Robinson’s handlers?  I thought he himself was the head honcho over there.

Posted by Geoff Beck on Sat, 09 Jul 2005 12:13 | #

> Freerepublic

I’ve long thought agents of influence were operating at FR.

Posted by Geoff Beck on Sat, 09 Jul 2005 12:22 | #

> Who are Robinson’s handlers?

He probably doesn’t even know he is being handled, so completely has he subscribed to the party line in Washington.

So, who are the handlers? I’d start with the Bush White House, then drill down into the government-military-media complex.

Posted by James Bowery on Sat, 09 Jul 2005 13:03 | #

Who are Robinson’s handlers?

To be more specific than “neocon”:

FR took off when Drudge took off due to Drudge’s links to FR during the Lewinsky/Goldberg affair.  So who “made” Drudge?

For a clue, here is a link to my post on that subject that triggered them to take me out based on things that I had said outside of FR on matters other than FR.

Posted by jonjayray on Sat, 09 Jul 2005 15:54 | #

I thought at first that the Huckabee post was satire.
I didn’t realize it was for real.
Below is a draft post that I will probably put up on Dissecting Leftism tomorrow:

More strangeness from Arkansas: The retiring Republican governor of Arkansas (where Clinton hails from) Mike Huckabee, recently made a “joke” that has aroused a lot of anger.  He seemed to think it amusing that “Southern white guys” like himself may soon be a minority in the State—a State which has had a large influx of illegal Hispanic immigrants.  Since large numbers of Americans are not at all amused by illegal immigration, the attitude to law enforcement revealed by the “joke” is pretty surprising in a senior Republican.  There is an article here which has a sinister explanation of Huckabee’s thinking.  From an Australian viewpoint, the toleration of illegal immigration by America’s political elites of both the Right and Left seems pretty contemptible.  The Australian government has cracked down very heavily on illegal immigration.

Posted by Geoff Beck on Sat, 09 Jul 2005 15:56 | #

Well said, JJR.

Posted by Stuka on Sat, 09 Jul 2005 17:27 | #

I’ve been banned several times at FR, for rather innocuous comments.

I’d be curious to find out who funds FR.

Posted by Fred Scrooby on Sat, 09 Jul 2005 19:16 | #

Regarding Matt Drudge:  I never read his site so can’t say how he deals with immigration there, but a year ago, perhaps—or something like that, I don’t remember exactly when—he filled in for Rush Limbaugh a few days one particular week, and during one of his hosting sessions he spent an uninterrupted ten or fifteen minutes doing a monologue very harshly critical of Bush’s open-borders policy.  I no longer recall the exact words and phrases he used or exactly how he made his specific points of criticism, but the monologue was excellent—strong, harsh, and right, the diametrical opposite of Jim Robinson’s and Free Republic’s position of fanatical support for totally open borders.  Whoever’s pulling Robinson’s strings on immigration it’s surely not Drudge.

Posted by James Bowery on Sun, 10 Jul 2005 04:05 | #

Whoever’s pulling Robinson’s strings on immigration it’s surely not Drudge.

No I don’t think it is either.  However, I do think that Drudge was fed the Lewinsky story by the same general gaggle of California rascals that financed Nixon’s career.  They are going through some convulsions right now about the whole open borders thing and don’t really have their act together.  David Frum’s NRO article “GOP: You Are Warned” is a pretty good example of what I’m talking about.  Guys like Jim Robinson are sort of like robots.  You set them up with a program and they execute.  They just about had a disaster when Robinson’s program became obsolete and VDARE was starting to get some serious traction with the Minuteman contingent being banned from FR.

These guys think they’re geniuses, and they can be exceedingly sociopathic, but that doesn’t mean they’re really much more than political animals with a limited grip on the true complexity of reality and therefore get conflused just like everyone else.

This Hispanic thing has really caught them up short.  They’re not used to dealing with such hot competition in the world of weaseldom and they just don’t quite know what to do about it yet.  But since they largely created the problem they at least have an advantage over the rest of us in that they know where the bodies are buried.

Next entry: War crime and an Israeli double-standard
Previous entry: Immigration to the USA—latest figures

Comments

mancinblack commented in entry 'Carolyn Emerick talks pagan folk culture and ethnonationalism with Tara's alt-right panel' on Thu, 18 Jan 2018 08:15. (View)

uh commented in entry 'Spencer: My conception of the ethnostate is imperialist - true ethno nationalism is a zero sum game.' on Thu, 18 Jan 2018 08:07. (View)

mancinblack commented in entry 'Carolyn Emerick talks pagan folk culture and ethnonationalism with Tara's alt-right panel' on Thu, 18 Jan 2018 07:18. (View)

100% European commented in entry 'Euro-DNA Nation' on Thu, 18 Jan 2018 06:39. (View)

The ancient is the modern commented in entry 'Snyder's lessons applied to reality now: universalized liberalism tyrannizing over ethnonationalism' on Thu, 18 Jan 2018 02:19. (View)

100% European but you might not guess commented in entry 'Euro-DNA Nation' on Thu, 18 Jan 2018 00:45. (View)

Near 100% European commented in entry 'Euro-DNA Nation' on Thu, 18 Jan 2018 00:18. (View)

95% Native American (Central) commented in entry 'Euro-DNA Nation' on Wed, 17 Jan 2018 11:11. (View)

20% sub-Saharan commented in entry 'Euro-DNA Nation' on Wed, 17 Jan 2018 09:53. (View)

We knew these things commented in entry 'Hermeneutic construction of Putin and Trump's character, positions and relation:' on Wed, 17 Jan 2018 04:13. (View)

DanielS commented in entry 'Trout Mask Replica' on Wed, 17 Jan 2018 01:18. (View)

DanielS commented in entry 'MR Radio: Greg Johnson talks to GW and Daniel' on Wed, 17 Jan 2018 01:09. (View)

henry m commented in entry 'MR Radio: Greg Johnson talks to GW and Daniel' on Tue, 16 Jan 2018 18:29. (View)

mancinblack commented in entry 'Trout Mask Replica' on Tue, 16 Jan 2018 16:51. (View)

This is the Day commented in entry 'Trout Mask Replica' on Tue, 16 Jan 2018 16:17. (View)

Emerald City commented in entry 'Trout Mask Replica' on Tue, 16 Jan 2018 15:46. (View)

mancinblack commented in entry 'America: Making The World Safe for Hypocrisy' on Tue, 16 Jan 2018 15:41. (View)

Anything, Anything commented in entry 'Trout Mask Replica' on Tue, 16 Jan 2018 15:26. (View)

The Allman Brothers commented in entry 'Trout Mask Replica' on Tue, 16 Jan 2018 15:04. (View)

Nobody to Depend on commented in entry 'America: Making The World Safe for Hypocrisy' on Tue, 16 Jan 2018 14:56. (View)

Pearl Jam commented in entry 'Trout Mask Replica' on Tue, 16 Jan 2018 14:09. (View)

John McLaughlin commented in entry 'Trout Mask Replica' on Tue, 16 Jan 2018 13:55. (View)

Hatfield & the North: Mumps commented in entry 'Trout Mask Replica' on Tue, 16 Jan 2018 13:29. (View)

My Love is Alive commented in entry 'Trout Mask Replica' on Tue, 16 Jan 2018 13:23. (View)

Wild Swans Love Will Tear Us Apart commented in entry 'Trout Mask Replica' on Tue, 16 Jan 2018 12:39. (View)

Happy commented in entry 'Trout Mask Replica' on Tue, 16 Jan 2018 12:18. (View)

Wild Horses best version commented in entry 'Trout Mask Replica' on Tue, 16 Jan 2018 12:13. (View)

Hangout, Johnson, Lewis, JF et al commented in entry 'MR Radio: Greg Johnson talks to GW and Daniel' on Tue, 16 Jan 2018 11:44. (View)

49% Jewish, 44% European West commented in entry 'Euro-DNA Nation' on Tue, 16 Jan 2018 06:52. (View)

Virgin of the Rocks, London commented in entry 'Leonardo da Vinci, Salvator Mundi: Divine Proportion of The Golden Ratio & More' on Tue, 16 Jan 2018 06:43. (View)

(((Ilana Mercer))) commented in entry 'Chinese slur 'White Left' as Cultural Marxist shows Jewish power, influence, aversion to White Left' on Tue, 16 Jan 2018 03:51. (View)

Right wing observations on the controlled right commented in entry 'Chinese slur 'White Left' as Cultural Marxist shows Jewish power, influence, aversion to White Left' on Tue, 16 Jan 2018 02:58. (View)

She's not prejudice, she's postjudice commented in entry 'Snyder's lessons applied to reality now: universalized liberalism tyrannizing over ethnonationalism' on Mon, 15 Jan 2018 13:50. (View)

Euromexmix + 2% Mali African commented in entry 'Euro-DNA Nation' on Mon, 15 Jan 2018 13:14. (View)

100% European commented in entry 'Euro-DNA Nation' on Mon, 15 Jan 2018 12:56. (View)