Trout Mask Replica

Posted by DanielS on Monday, 23 March 2015 16:42.

In fact, a smooth and amazingly blended rainbow trout mask replica..

for Carolyn..
                  trout
Particularly recommended for your listening pleasure are the cuts: Ella Guru
                              ...“here she comes walkin’, lookin’ like a zoo, high YElla Guru”

Hair Pie Bake2        Dachau Blues      She can’t go to the beach because her hands are too small.

Neon Meat Dream of a Octafish .. “mucous mules fox trot, tra la, tra la, tra la, tra la”...

...but they are all quite good

...drives a cartoon..

iside phote
Graham doesn’t want us exporting our American culture :(

meredith

A conspiracy theory of a conspiracy theory about hippies

..fast and bulbous           ..fast and bulbous                       ..and a tin tear drop.

...open t’ the room - eeh - smell cold mixed with bologna.

Strictly Personal

Live in Paris 1980

German TV 1972

Beefheart Documentary

Comments:

Posted by DanielS on Tue, 24 Mar 2015 03:40 | #

In case anybody is wondering about this admittedly but deliberately strange post…

A little humor here for those who think we cannot move in and out of “pariah” mode with facility.

It is also to put it in the face of people who appear on Red Ice or White Voice and continue to blame hippies “for smokng pot and going to Woodstock”

But what can you expect of Angelo John Ganucci? Tony Robbins taught him all he needs to know.

And what can you expect in the way of empathy from feminists/feminazis?

“Hippies” were supposed to go to war out of sheer custom and habit of war (having nothing to do with defending our people).

They can’t be bothered to note that this movement was over when the Viet Nam war was over.

Coincidence? And should they have gone to Viet Nam instead of Woodstock?

Idiot.

Posted by origin Dasein for hippies on Tue, 24 Mar 2015 09:24 | #

Another reason for mentioning that is because defending hippies and the context of their seeking the basic levels of Actualization as opposed to Feminists (like Yeager was/is), who sought the top of its “hierarchy”, and the Jewish (and right wing) misconstrual of the hippies is just one of the original ideas that Yeager says that I don’t have

Posted by DanielS on Tue, 24 Mar 2015 09:25 | #

Another reason for mentioning that is because defending hippies and the context of their seeking the basic levels of Actualization as opposed to Feminists (like Yeager was/is), who sought the top of its “hierarchy”, and the Jewish (and right wing) misconstrual of the hippieis is just one of the original ideas that Yeager says that I don’t have.

Posted by MR leads, NPR follows Captain on Thu, 02 Apr 2015 15:34 | #

Majority Rights leads the way and “NPR” catches-up with the Captain:

No Hits, No Problem: Captain Beefheart’s Major Label Run

March 31, 2015

In 1970, Warner Bros. Records had an unusual philosophy: they’d sign artists and, instead of wanting a hit single immediately, they’d develop them over several albums. This way, James Taylor, Joni Mitchell, Little Feat, and Randy Newman got big career boosts. They also took a chance on Captain Beefheart, and although neither a hit single nor a hit album resulted, some very interesting music did.

Posted by weight on shoulders on Sat, 04 Apr 2015 15:34 | #

The Do: Weight on my shoulders

Donna Lewis: I love you always forever

Roxy Music, Avalon

Roxy Music, More Than This

Even though Iggy Pop is a Jew, Ron Ashton did play the guitar right - very:

I wanna be your dog

Posted by farther than we've gone on Mon, 06 Apr 2015 17:17 | #

Farther than we’ve gone

The party of special things to do

I met the ace of love at the party of special things to do..she said here: Here. Take these spots so that my distant cousins can get along with you.

upon the my oh my
studio version

This is the day that love chose to stay:

I got love on my mind, but I can’t make up my mind, who to love…

Posted by insulin resistance on Mon, 13 Apr 2015 01:07 | #

Interesting dietary advice by Dr. Joseph Mercola

Posted by Born Ugly on Mon, 13 Apr 2015 13:55 | #

Born Ugly

Posted by entitled kids as PC warriors on Wed, 29 Apr 2015 03:29 | #

Greg Johnson interviews Ann Sterzinger about her writing career and her start-up website taking aim to lampoon PC warriors.

Posted by Be There To Love Me on Thu, 04 Jun 2015 19:11 | #

Documentary about Townes Van Zandt

Posted by Omnivore on Fri, 05 Jun 2015 18:28 | #

Madder Mortem, Omnivore

Posted by give it up on Tue, 07 Jul 2015 18:51 | #

Give it up

Bailando

Can’t get you out of my head

Posted by fleur de lis on Thu, 09 Jul 2015 07:43 | #

Posted by Chris Squire on Tue, 21 Jul 2015 14:42 | #

Chris Squire:

Chris Squire (67) British-born bassist and cofounder of the progressive rock band Yes who announced in May that he had acute erythroid leukemia, a rare form of acute myeloid leukemia. Squire died in Phoenix, Arizona on June 27

Posted by Wooden Ships on Fri, 24 Jul 2015 17:31 | #

Wooden Ships

If you smile at me, I will understand
‘Cause that is something everybody everywhere does
In the same language

I can see by your coat, my friend
You’re from the other side
There’s just one thing I got to know
Can you tell me please, who won the war ?

Say, can I have some of your purple berries?
Yes, I’ve been eating them for six or seven weeks now
Haven’t got sick once
Probably keep us both alive

Wooden ships on the water, very free and easy
Easy, you know the way it’s supposed to be
Silver people on the shoreline, let us be
Talkin’ ‘bout very free and easy

Horror grips us as we watch you die
All we can do is echo your anguished cries
Stare as all human feelings die
We are leaving, you don’t need us

Go, take your sister then, by the hand
Lead her away from this foreign land
Far away, where we might laugh again
We are leaving, you don’t need us

And it’s a fair wind blowin’ warm
Out of the south over my shoulder
Guess I’ll set a course and go

Posted by This is the day, upon the My-oh-my on Sun, 30 Aug 2015 13:40 | #

Captain Beefheart: this is the day..

and on TV in The Netherlands: “Upon the-My-oh-my”

Posted by David Bowie, Ziggy Stardust on Mon, 11 Jan 2016 04:44 | #

Legendary Artist David Bowie Dies at 69

David Bowie has died after a battle with cancer, his representative confirmed to The Hollywood Reporter.

“David Bowie died peacefully today surrounded by his family after a courageous 18 month battle with cancer. While many of you will share in this loss, we ask that you respect the family’s privacy during their time of grief,” read a statement posted on the artist’s official social media accounts.

The influential singer-songwriter and producer dabbled in glam rock, art rock, soul, hard rock, dance pop, punk and electronica during his eclectic 40-plus-year career.

Bowie’s artistic breakthrough came with 1972’s The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders From Mars….

Bowie’s two best albums, both are completely good - every song:

Diamond Dogs is thematized by Orwell’s 1984 and captures with genius the alien, dehumanizing mood of said negative utopia:
Diamond Dogs

Ziggy Stardust is full of upstart pop-rock energy:
Ziggy Stardust

Posted by It'll shine when it shines on Mon, 22 Feb 2016 19:45 | #

Ozark Mountain Daredevils: “It’ll shine when it shines”...compare that to this lifestyle song. Why is it that I don’t want to live with blacks?

It’ll Shine When It Shines - Ozark Mountain Daredevils:

The old cat on the roof
He could stand a little push
Cause he’s got nine long lives to live

But like my Mama said
You only live till your dead
And you got to give and give and give

Theres a pebble in a pond
Going on and on
Making waves and tides and ripples and rain
Theres a leaf in the wind
That don’t no where to end
Chasing days and waves and wishes and dreams

Seems like everyone is out, looking for the sun
Singing rain and pain on he who hesitates
But it’ll shine when it shines
You might think I’m wasting time
But I’m just a good old boy that’s learned to wait

Wipperwil’s in the Dawn
Pretty soon he’ll be gone
But he’s got one good song to sing
But like my Daddy said
It’s in your heart not your head
And you’ve got to sing and sing and sing

Theres a window in the wall
Looking out on it all
Leavin’ fears and tears and troubles along
Theres a fire in the stove
Keeping out the cold
Warming wine and winters and babies and homes

Seems like everyone is out looking for the sun
Singing rain and pain on he who hesitates
But it’ll shine when it shines
You might think I’m waisting time
But I’m just a good old boy thats learned to wait
Yes i’m just a good old boy thats learned to wait.

Posted by George Martin on Wed, 20 Apr 2016 21:59 | #

George Martin (90) known as “the fifth Beatle” for his work in shaping the band that became one of the world’s most influential music forces. Martin was considered the most successful music producer ever, cited in the Guinness Book of Records for having more than 50 No. 1 hit records over 50 years in the US and Britain alone. He helped to score, arrange, and produce many of the band’s biggest hits, including “I Wanna Hold Your Hand,” “A Day in the Life,” “Yesterday,” “Eleanor Rigby,” and “Love Me Do.” Martin was producer, collaborator, and mentor to Beatles John Lennon, George Harrison, Paul McCartney, and Ringo Starr. He died on March 8, 2016.

Posted by carraba on Mon, 30 May 2016 15:34 | #

love this post, it is awesome

Posted by thanks carraba on Mon, 30 May 2016 23:24 | #

Thanks Carraba. You might consider starting or joining
an alternative music discussion thread in the Forum.

Posted by City hall mind . Dream . Of a girl . About ..13 on Thu, 15 Jun 2017 17:54 | #

We see, in the back, of a city hall mind, the dream, of a girl, about 13. Off with her clothes, and into a bed, where she tickles his fancy, all night long….ah

Posted by We can crash, in my Nash on Sat, 17 Jun 2017 17:50 | #

We can crash, in my Nash…

We can crash in my Nash

Posted by Nepalese Honey Hunters on Sun, 18 Jun 2017 00:13 | #

Posted by mancinblack on Sun, 18 Jun 2017 08:47 | #

That Britain didn’t enter the Vietnam war in ‘66 has been attributed to the sage words of Enoch Powell having dissuaded Wilson from behaving like a good little satellite controller at the behest of LBJ. “The greatest service I have performed for my country, if it be so”-Powell. Yes, it was. He also spared us the prospect of hearing something like Caravan’s delightful “Ride” to the accompaniment of Westland Scout blades, against a backdrop of napalm and Agent Orange in later “we won it really, sort of” Hollywood movies.
Caravan from 1968…

Posted by Damn, I wish I was your lover on Tue, 20 Jun 2017 17:58 | #

Posted by Out of kindness I suppose on Tue, 20 Jun 2017 18:27 | #

..and all the Federales say, they could have had him any day.
They only let him get away ...out of kindness, I suppose.

Posted by Kylie Minogue on Wed, 21 Jun 2017 12:41 | #

Posted by We gotta get you a woman on Mon, 26 Jun 2017 16:51 | #

“We gotta get you a woman”

Posted by 50,000 miles beneath my brain on Wed, 30 Aug 2017 14:26 | #

Love me, 50,000 miles beneath my brain.

Posted by 8 Miles High at the Fillmore East 1970 on Wed, 30 Aug 2017 14:35 | #

8 Miles High at the Fillmore East September 23 1970.

Posted by Alice in Chains, Dirt on Wed, 30 Aug 2017 15:30 | #

Alice in Chains, Dirt

Posted by Good riddance to Rolling Stone on Sat, 04 Nov 2017 04:13 | #

Taki’s Mag, “Good Riddance to Rolling Stone Magazine”, 23 Oct 2017, by Tim Sommer.

Good article.

But for me, the truth is that I never could read the magazine, largely for the reasons cited in this article - Rolling Stone was unbearably off the mark in its taste and liberal politics - politics so liberal that it even led the magazine from its beat, rock n’ roll, into features of rap and hip hop artists: sorry, not interested, doesn’t represent my culture, my soundtrack.

Posted by mancinblack on Sat, 04 Nov 2017 08:27 | #

Yeah, Rolling Stone was quite big on Punk too, a genre I detested even though I had no idea of how kosher it was, or exactly what had inspired many of its performers until I read this..

Posted by DanielS on Sat, 04 Nov 2017 08:57 | #

Thanks Mancinblack. If I was the trendy sort, punk should have been my style when I was still a fairly young teenager, but I never could identify with it - I did not feel it corresponding with my needs and the means to channel my anxiety - as I began to hear the echoes which you confirm, why it is that I could not identify with it has become more and more clear.

As an echo chamber, it had similar intensity that the rock music and culture before had at its disposal, but with a singularity of expression and a rather arbitrary rebellion - anarchy (boring at best, a Jewish boondoggle more like - an effort to muck up European people’s systemic homeostasis, their being)

Posted by mancinblack on Wed, 13 Dec 2017 12:56 | #

Old hippies opening a deep vein of Englishness ...

Posted by Wayfaring Stranger on Sat, 16 Dec 2017 00:07 | #

Edit the call for universal brotherhood to one of ethnonationalism and you’ve got a really cool, trippy song.

Posted by mancinblack on Sat, 16 Dec 2017 05:14 | #

“Where once were men but now are sheep
- a fiction and far cry,
From planet Earth’s proud animal
- who would be you and I
Alas, our forebears drank the cup of poisoned alibi
And made excuses far and wide,
And made God in the sky.

This boogaloo’s now round the world
- bad trips for everyone.
No more the man of paradise
Or the Celt of Albion
They queue like burning moths to spread
- the all time viscous lie
You Christians destroyed our tribe
- I’ll fight you till I die….”

“The Spirit Lives” - Roy Harper

(I can see no reason at all to change these lyrics…)

Posted by DanielS on Sat, 16 Dec 2017 07:59 | #

That’s a really cool song indeed, Mancinblack. I never heard that one - got to love the raw edge of Harper’s performance style as well - nice to add that one to the good list of Christmas jeer.

...along with the perennial, fine - but played enough - Christmas song, I Believe in Father Christmas, performed and co-written by the late Greg Lake:

Emerson, Lake & Palmer – I Believe In Father Christmas Lyrics
They said there’ll be snow at christmas
They said there’ll be peace on earth
But instead it just kept on raining
A veil of tears for the virgin’s birth
I remember one christmas morning
A winters light and a distant choir
And the peal of a bell and that christmas tree smell
And their eyes full of tinsel and fire

They sold me a dream of christmas
They sold me a silent night
And they told me a fairy story
‘till I believed in the israelite
And I believed in father christmas
And I looked at the sky with excited eyes
‘till I woke with a yawn in the first light of dawn
And I saw him and through his disguise

I wish you a hopeful christmas
I wish you a brave new year
All anguish pain and sadness
Leave your heart and let your road be clear
They said there’ll be snow at christmas
They said there’ll be peace on earth
Hallelujah noel be it heaven or hell
The christmas you get you deserve

Songwriters: GREG LAKE, PETER JOHN SINFIELD, SERGE PROKOFIEFF
I Believe In Father Christmas lyrics © MUSIC SALES CORPORATION

I Believe in Father Christmas” is a song by English musician Greg Lake with lyrics by Peter Sinfield.

The instrumental riff between verses comes from the “Troika” portion of Sergei Prokofiev’s Lieutenant Kijé Suite, written for the 1934 Soviet film Lieutenant Kijé;[4] this was added at the suggestion of Keith Emerson (an adaptation of the same song was used on Emerson’s later Christmas album). Sinfield described the song as “a picture-postcard Christmas, with morbid edges.”[5]

Posted by Kubelik/Janacek Sinfonietta on Mon, 08 Jan 2018 05:50 | #

I hadn’t realized that ELP based (perhaps a nice way of saying ripped-off) the music for it’s song “Knife’s Edge” on their first album - the eponymous ELP - from this classical piece: Kubelik/Janacek Sinfonietta 1st and 2nd movements.

Nevertheless, ELP’s rendition works quite well, added lyrics too:

Emerson, Lake & Palmer – Knife Edge Lyrics

Just a step cried the sad man
Take a look down at the madman
Theatre kings on silver wings
Fly beyond reason
From the flight of the seagull
Come the spread claws of the eagle
Only fear breaks the silence
As we all kneel pray for guidance

Tread the road cross the abyss
Take a look down at the madness
On the streets of the city
Only spectres still have pity
Patient queues for the gallows
Sing the praises of the hallowed
Our machines feed the furnace
If they take us they will burn us

Will you still know who you are
When you come to who you are

When the flames have their season
Will you hold to your reason
Loaded down with your talents
Can you still keep your balance
Can you live on a knife-edge

Posted by mancinblack on Mon, 08 Jan 2018 17:00 | #

The kind of European union I approve of - German Neo-Pagan folk group “Faun”, Einar Selvik of Norwegian band “Wardruner” and Danish instrumentalist Martin Seeburg performing “Odin” extremely well, on stage in Wuppertal, Germany (March 2017)

Posted by mancinblack on Tue, 09 Jan 2018 16:08 | #

“Heilung” are a Danish trio who’s lyrics include original texts from rune stones, inscriptions from Viking artifacts, Sami shamanism and extracts or interpretations of poems depicting historical events. Their intention is to connect their audience with the   pre-Christian past.

Heilung (& friends) made their first public appearance at Castlefest (held at Castle Keukenhof, Lisse, in the Netherlands) in 2017. Praised by critics, their fan base is growing very quickly, which given their mission statement has to be a good thing.

Posted by Wild Horses best version on Tue, 16 Jan 2018 12:13 | #

Posted by Happy on Tue, 16 Jan 2018 12:18 | #

Posted by Wild Swans Love Will Tear Us Apart on Tue, 16 Jan 2018 12:39 | #

Alternative Version, more drums, chorus and reverb.

Posted by My Love is Alive on Tue, 16 Jan 2018 13:23 | #

vehicle

Posted by Hatfield & the North: Mumps on Tue, 16 Jan 2018 13:29 | #

Posted by John McLaughlin on Tue, 16 Jan 2018 13:55 | #

Note: play these McLaughlin albums from the start, or you’ll be missing the best parts.

Visions of the Emerald Beyond: Esp. Lila’s Dance

Posted by Pearl Jam on Tue, 16 Jan 2018 14:09 | #

Posted by The Allman Brothers on Tue, 16 Jan 2018 15:04 | #

Check out the super meta-slave chant in “Black Hearted Woman”

Posted by Anything, Anything on Tue, 16 Jan 2018 15:26 | #

Dramarama - Anything, Anything

I’ll give you candy
Give you diamonds
Give you pills
Give you anything you want
Hundred-dollar bills

Just marry me, marry me, marry me.

I gave you anything anything anything

I’ll give you anything, anything, anything
I’ll give you anything, anything, anything
Anything, anything, anything

Posted by Emerald City on Tue, 16 Jan 2018 15:46 | #

Dramarama, Emerald City

I’ve finally found it
I’m feeling my way all around it
I’m going to surround it

Soon everything’s going to be fine
Hey hey
I can do what I say

I’m lost in a sweet dream
I’m living on chocolate ice cream
I’m letting off my steam

Now everything’s going to be fine
High high
I think I’ll learn how to fly

I went for the rental
Those costumes were so continental
How coincidental

They said everything would be fine
Ho ho

I think I’m ready to go, go, go…

Posted by This is the Day on Tue, 16 Jan 2018 16:17 | #

I got love on my mind but I can’t make up my mind who to love…

Posted by mancinblack on Tue, 16 Jan 2018 16:51 | #

(lol) My first wife loved that Beefheart song and when she died a couple of years ago, my daughter from that relationship chose “Wild Horses” to be played at her funeral. With that in mind, my advice would be to never choose the blonde as it might be a case of “The Bluest Blues”..

Posted by DanielS on Wed, 17 Jan 2018 01:18 | #

A woman who loves Beefheart? She was a rare gem to allow for that degree of humanity (i.e., to the point of being a bit weird) and appreciation of creativity in men. My guess is that this kind of woman is crucial to authentic White male being.

Whereas the typical puerile girl would say, Captain Beefheart? eeew no! eew.

Her Eyes are a Blue Million Miles.

Alice in Blunderland

Posted by I'm a Man on Thu, 18 Jan 2018 12:41 | #

I’m a man

Posted by mancinblack on Thu, 18 Jan 2018 13:24 | #

Okay, in the spirit of Anglo-Asian cooperation and to piss off Ted Sallis, here’s one of my favourite artists of the seventies. Japanese imports were horrendously expensive back then, but having Japanese cousins (first and second removed) as I have, comes in useful sometimes. Hako Yamasaki from her album “Tsunawatari”.

Posted by Crazy Over You on Thu, 18 Jan 2018 14:22 | #

...to piss Ted Sallis off is good enough reason.

Even it up

Barracuda

Posted by mancinblack on Thu, 18 Jan 2018 17:43 | #

Oh yeah. “Barracuda” rocks. Perfect. Like cherry blossoms falling at five centimeters a second.

Posted by mancinblack on Sun, 21 Jan 2018 18:12 | #

Set your controls for the heart of the Rising Sun.

“Taiyo” by Osamu Kitajima from his 1976 album “Benzaiten”

Posted by Masterless Samura on Sun, 21 Jan 2018 22:00 | #

Thanks for that Mancinblack. I like this one that came up after too.

- nice, warrior like cadence to it ... contemplating the grand theatre.

Posted by mancinblack on Mon, 22 Jan 2018 07:34 | #

Hehehe. Can’t resist this one, especially with this particular video.

Steve King and the Echelons “Satan is Her Name” from 1962. It’s a really cool number and I can’t believe it was released as a B side. Sallis is gonna love it…..

Posted by Life Begins at the Hop on Sat, 27 Jan 2018 10:59 | #

Posted by U.K. on Sat, 27 Jan 2018 12:27 | #

Posted by What is Clocks? on Sat, 27 Jan 2018 13:02 | #

Uncle John’s Band

Touch of Grey

Posted by Touched on Sat, 27 Jan 2018 13:25 | #

Touched

I’m so in to You.

Posted by mancinblack on Sat, 27 Jan 2018 13:34 | #

Contemporary prog from Big Big Train. The first verse from this song “A Boy in Darkness” is taken from a Sub Commissioner’s report of 1842 on the conditions of children and young people employed in the collieries. In this instance Brookbottom Colliery, Heanor, Derbyshire.
“His name is Godfrey Fletcher
Eleven years old
He worked these pits for nearly three years
Does not know the alphabet
Cannot read in the least”

Posted by City of Tiny Lights on Sat, 27 Jan 2018 13:47 | #

Live in Detroit 1976

Posted by Beau Brummels on Sat, 27 Jan 2018 14:25 | #

Posted by mancinblack on Sat, 27 Jan 2018 14:57 | #

“The Nightmarers should be deported. That’s actually the humane option, as one could argue that the Nightmarers should be treated like an invading army ; the military should be sent after them. If the Nightmarers surrender, put them in POW camps until the immigration war is won, and then repatriate them to their nations of origin. If they resist, treat them as you would any resisting military enemy - destroy the opposing force. Have the army gun them down”-EGI NOTES

Sallis, obviously upset he never went to Nam. Never mind Ted, perhaps you can have this song “The Crystal Frontier” by Calexico played to keep them quiet in the Konzentrationslager of your imagination.

While they wait for that lil ‘ole bullet tap on the shoulder, hey?

Posted by mancinblack on Sun, 28 Jan 2018 12:24 | #

Buffalo Springfield, 1967, For What It’s Worth…

Pandora’s Box and curfew protest

Posted by mancinblack on Sun, 28 Jan 2018 15:05 | #

Thank you, Daniel, “Riot is a ridiculous name, it was a funeral for Pandora’s Box. But it looked like a revolution”  Steven Stills. Great song.
Slightly better Wiki link…

Posted by mancinblack on Sun, 28 Jan 2018 15:09 | #

Or not… Wiki isn’t linking to the correct page. Bummer (lol)

Posted by DanielS on Sun, 28 Jan 2018 20:19 | #

I do have a special fondness for the psychedelic rock, hard or otherwise, of the hippie-freak era - both because it was creative as all get out and because, as you know, I believe that it was a manifold expression of a right below rights for male being (as opposed to draft into a foolish war). Thus, I see it as an important epoch to translate properly.

One of the expressions of that manifold quest for being was that, at least by singing in codes, or even rather plainly about drugs, ill advised as that may have been if suggested as a way of life, it did give us a break from hearing guys singing desperately about women all the time, upping the competition so stressfully, to the point of self destruction.

That was especially grating when feminism started to reach an overwhelming and screeching crescendo as it did after the war was over…

As I said, in agreement with you, I didn’t relate to the punk thing - I felt unfinished and unarticulated business in the hippie project, which is largely why I could not get with and relate to punk and to some of the other subsequent musical/cultural epochs. Punk anarchy, a form of liberalism, was not modeling White male being, only loud wails.

Nevertheless, I’d hate for people to get the impression that I think that the music of yesteryear was the only good music and better than today’s…

I do like the characteristic intense music and relaxed style of grunge but its would-be basis seems to be rather a disoriented and futile epoch for having passed through the anarchy and indifference of the prior two decades.

There’s lots of great music, of course, all around, today, in the decades in between, and centuries before…

I just know this stuff from my music addict days and so I try to call some attention for those who may not be aware of some of the great stuff that was happening then too - that’s all we had for some semblance of rebellious expression against the mainstream media back in the 70’s and 80’s…and even then, you usually had to change the words in your head - to your protest - because the musicians were often sickeningly liberal.

I’m open to new tunes but don’t make a habit of following music as I did, so I’m not as apt to pass on new stuff, though it doesn’t mean I don’t like it. It’s just that interactive media provides some of that release of expression and protest that simply wasn’t available in any non- obsequious liberal form after the Vietnam war was over.

Nor WOULD I want people to think I am a pacifist. I am against stupid wars, like that, war as custom, habit and tradition   ...wasted lives.

Talk about needing to chill-out from sheer anarchic pursuit of individual actualization and balance off into the stabilization of being, routine/and sacrament, social being, in midtdasein. ...Layne Staley

Nevertheless, grunge songs like Would and Damn That River do display that warrior capacity that I look for in music that I identify with.

Posted by Afternoon Song on Mon, 29 Jan 2018 12:02 | #

Posted by Sweet Revenge on Mon, 29 Jan 2018 12:05 | #

Sweet Revenge

Posted by Bach-Air on G String on Mon, 29 Jan 2018 12:12 | #

Johann Sebastian Bach-Air on G String

I may have heard better versions, but it’s hard to mess up this tune too badly.

... a better version perhaps:

Posted by Improvisation On Robert De Visée's Sarabande on Tue, 30 Jan 2018 07:46 | #

Larry Coryell and Ralph Towner: Improvisation On Robert De Visée’s Sarabande

Robert de Visée

Posted by mancinblack on Tue, 30 Jan 2018 09:37 | #

Paco de Lucia and Al Di Meola - Mediterranean Sundance.

Posted by Morning Fog with John Williams on Tue, 30 Jan 2018 10:00 | #

Kate Bush, “The Morning Fog”, with John Williams on guitar.

Posted by Dolores O'Riordan on Sat, 03 Feb 2018 12:35 | #

Dolores O’Riordan, Cranberries singer dies suddenly aged 46

Posted by Quick Silver on Sun, 04 Feb 2018 10:21 | #

Posted by Tony Visconti on Wed, 07 Feb 2018 21:38 | #

...discusses the making of David Bowie’s song, “Heroes”

Posted by No son of mine on Fri, 09 Feb 2018 23:32 | #

Though the later Genesis can rightfully be criticized as soft and repugnantly pop in some cuts, other cuts were decent and should not be written off so easily.

No.  Title Length

1.  “No Son of Mine”  6:39
2.  “Jesus He Knows Me”  4:16
3.  “Driving the Last Spike”  10:08

4.  “I Can’t Dance”  4:01
5.  “Never a Time”  3:50
6.  “Dreaming While You Sleep”  7:16
7.  “Tell Me Why”  4:58
8.  The rest of the disk

Personnel

Tony Banks – keyboards
  Phil Collins – drums, percussion, vocals, drum machines
  Mike Rutherford – guitars, bass guitar

Furthermore, the early Genesis could be overly soft too, while being tediously “avant-garde” ...

Although “Selling England by the Pound”, in particular, is consistently good if one is in the mood for its atmosphere.

Side one
2.  “After the Ordeal”  4:07
3.  “The Cinema Show[d]”  11:10
4.  “Aisle of Plenty”  1:30

Personnel

Genesis

Peter Gabriel – vocals, flute, oboe, percussion
  Tony Banks – keyboards, Hammond organ, piano, ARP Pro Soloist synthesizer, Mellotron, 12-string guitar
  Steve Hackett – electric guitar, nylon guitar
  Michael Rutherford – 12-string guitar, bass, electric sitar
  Phil Collins – drums, assorted percussion, lead vocals on “More Fool Me”, backing vocals

Posted by Allman, Wetton, Coryell, Holdsworth on Sat, 17 Feb 2018 10:14 | #

Musician who died in 2017:

Surprised to learn:

Greg Allman

Larry Coryell

John Wetton (actually, this band and eponymous album, U.K., has Alan Holdsworth in it as well; Wetton on bass and vocals; Holdsworth on guitar - even Zappa liked Holdsworth and Zappa didn’t like anybody).

Alan Holdsworth’s finest work was probably with “Gong”

Posted by The Rooster on Sun, 18 Feb 2018 11:06 | #

For all my talk about the significance of hippies being their manifold quest for White male Being - viz. midtdasein (as opposed to the irresponsible sacrifice of male being in the inorganic regimentation of male behavior for the habitual militarism manifest by the Vietnam Draft) - and for my already having discussed my identification with Grunge Rock and Alice in Chains in particular (in comment #75), I had nevertheless overlooked the obvious (typical to overlook that which is closest to hand) - The Rooster is a song expressing Alice in Chains’ Grunge roots in that very hippie rebellion for Being against the Vietnam war draft; viz. it is a song about guitarist Jerry Cantrell’s father’s experience in the Vietnam War:

Jerry Cantrell: Papa never really talked about it, the war at all, I asked him about it one time.

We were sitting on the porch drinking beer at night in summer time or something and I asked him what

and he just said you know that’s dead, so just let it lie - let it Be.

Father Cantrell: You had to survive. That’s the main thing.

Sometimes you’d think, what the hell are we doing here, right? ...watching my friends die…

it was the worst experience of mine, a sad experience, lets just hope nobody else has to go through it…

Posted by Blue on Black on Mon, 19 Feb 2018 08:12 | #

Studio Version

Posted by Nutshell on Mon, 19 Feb 2018 15:41 | #

The video is a distraction but the song is great: Alice in Chains - Nutshell

Posted by Jerry Cantrell on Mon, 19 Feb 2018 15:59 | #

My song

Posted by Green Sleeves on Mon, 19 Feb 2018 16:40 | #

Green Sleeves:

On the lute

Lute with vocals - should be sung by a man, but I need to find a soprano version true to the rigors of the song’s era.
Another vocaliztion, good but still female.

Posted by Ieva Baltmiskyte on Mon, 19 Feb 2018 21:39 | #

Next entry: Ancient and modern – Part 2
Previous entry: Individualism’s Wake: The Abyss - some favorites of Dr. Lister

Comments

Ieva Baltmiskyte commented in entry 'Trout Mask Replica' on Mon, 19 Feb 2018 21:39. (View)

Are The Finns European? commented in entry 'Euro-DNA Nation' on Mon, 19 Feb 2018 16:44. (View)

Green Sleeves commented in entry 'Trout Mask Replica' on Mon, 19 Feb 2018 16:40. (View)

Jerry Cantrell commented in entry 'Trout Mask Replica' on Mon, 19 Feb 2018 15:59. (View)

Nutshell commented in entry 'Trout Mask Replica' on Mon, 19 Feb 2018 15:41. (View)

DanielS commented in entry 'Corrected: After sorting confused language: check points of hermeneutic of racial stasis/homeostasis' on Mon, 19 Feb 2018 14:32. (View)

DanielS commented in entry 'The New Religion Exclusively for Those of Indigenous European Extraction' on Mon, 19 Feb 2018 08:29. (View)

mancinblack commented in entry 'The New Religion Exclusively for Those of Indigenous European Extraction' on Mon, 19 Feb 2018 08:16. (View)

Blue on Black commented in entry 'Trout Mask Replica' on Mon, 19 Feb 2018 08:12. (View)

2016 commercials commented in entry 'WHITE WOMEN FOR SALE!' on Mon, 19 Feb 2018 06:27. (View)

Like a bad neighbor, State Farm is there commented in entry 'WHITE WOMEN FOR SALE!' on Mon, 19 Feb 2018 05:40. (View)

2018 Olympic Hockey Tournament commented in entry 'Winter Olympics not diverse enough for US media' on Mon, 19 Feb 2018 03:38. (View)

Taken For Granted commented in entry 'WHITE WOMEN FOR SALE!' on Mon, 19 Feb 2018 02:42. (View)

Commercials: "resistance is futile" commented in entry 'WHITE WOMEN FOR SALE!' on Mon, 19 Feb 2018 01:10. (View)

The Mountain Between Us commented in entry 'WHITE WOMEN FOR SALE!' on Sun, 18 Feb 2018 23:27. (View)

Kristy Boden commented in entry 'Two more London attacks' on Sun, 18 Feb 2018 15:54. (View)

JF interviews Todd Lewis commented in entry 'Corrected: After sorting confused language: check points of hermeneutic of racial stasis/homeostasis' on Sun, 18 Feb 2018 11:26. (View)

The Rooster commented in entry 'Trout Mask Replica' on Sun, 18 Feb 2018 11:06. (View)

Uncomfortable Bear commented in entry '4 things we learned from the indictment of 13 Russians in the Mueller investigation' on Sun, 18 Feb 2018 09:23. (View)

Nikolas Cruz commented in entry '"What We Don't Know - Motive." Likely: revenge against societal incoherence, lack of accountability' on Sun, 18 Feb 2018 02:09. (View)

Maccabees commented in entry 'The alternative right's big tent, already too inclusive - includes Jews as well' on Sun, 18 Feb 2018 00:57. (View)

Max Musson article mapped commented in entry 'Dark Side of Self Actualization & Incommensurate GenderAgendas' on Sun, 18 Feb 2018 00:14. (View)

8,606 fake refugees so far in 2018 commented in entry 'More Than A Thousand Illegal Immigrants Reach Europe In First Week Of 2018' on Sat, 17 Feb 2018 18:52. (View)

Orson commented in entry 'Serial killer white-out' on Sat, 17 Feb 2018 15:58. (View)

Toba commented in entry 'Euro-DNA Nation' on Sat, 17 Feb 2018 11:02. (View)

Allman, Wetton, Coryell, Holdsworth commented in entry 'Trout Mask Replica' on Sat, 17 Feb 2018 10:14. (View)

Invisible men commented in entry 'Dark Side of Self Actualization & Incommensurate GenderAgendas' on Sat, 17 Feb 2018 08:28. (View)

Uncomfortable Bear commented in entry '4 things we learned from the indictment of 13 Russians in the Mueller investigation' on Sat, 17 Feb 2018 07:23. (View)

Twins, one black, one White commented in entry 'Euro-DNA Nation' on Sat, 17 Feb 2018 02:02. (View)

Distributist vs JF commented in entry 'Corrected: After sorting confused language: check points of hermeneutic of racial stasis/homeostasis' on Sat, 17 Feb 2018 00:22. (View)

Reactionary Expat commented in entry 'The New Religion Exclusively for Those of Indigenous European Extraction' on Fri, 16 Feb 2018 18:54. (View)

On the Obama portrait artist commented in entry 'Obama portrait artist's past work depicted black women decapitating white women' on Fri, 16 Feb 2018 17:39. (View)

KM on proprietory modules of mentation commented in entry 'Corrected: After sorting confused language: check points of hermeneutic of racial stasis/homeostasis' on Fri, 16 Feb 2018 07:32. (View)

Andrew Torba at RI commented in entry 'FCC doubles down on dead-wrong definition of how internet works' on Fri, 16 Feb 2018 01:26. (View)

DanielS commented in entry 'Corrected: After sorting confused language: check points of hermeneutic of racial stasis/homeostasis' on Thu, 15 Feb 2018 18:15. (View)